Sunday, June 14, 2015

#21 - From Scratch Pancake Mix

I absolutely LOVE breakfast! I REALLY LOVE pancakes! When I woke up this morning, ready to make some pancakes and realized I was out of Bisquik, I decided it was time to try making my own pancake mix, from scratch. I searched Pinterest for recipes and after finding quite a few, this is what I came up with. It doesn't take much more work than using a store-bought pancake mix does and if you make up a batch it'll last you a few meals.  The bonus is that all the ingredients were stuff I had in my pantry! Just a side note, I like to add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the batter but if you don't have it, no sweat!

 
 
From Scratch Pancake Mix
 
Ingredients:
For Pancake Mix
  • 6 cups all purpose flour
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
For Pancakes
  • 1 cup Pancake Mix
  • 1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)

Instructions:
  1. Whisk together all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
  2. To make the pancakes, simply mix together pancake mix, milk and egg. Heat a nonstick skillet and butter it. Pour ¼ cup batter onto the hot griddle. When the top of each pancake bubbles and bubbles begin to pop, flip and continue cooking on the second side. Each cup of dry mix will yield 4-6 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stoppin' by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!